We only employ qualified energy assessors who are regulated by the awarding body Stroma

Whether you require a domestic energy assessment or a full SAP calculation, we have a qualified assessor who can help. If you would like advice or would like to get a bespoke quotation for SAP calculations then please contact the office on 01744416330.

Energy Performance Certificates £70

If you’re selling or renting an existing property then you’ll require an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). In order to carry out we will need to arrange an appointment that suits to visit the property and carry out the survey. It usually takes around 30-40 minutes depending on the property. We aim to provide you with your report the same day and you will receive this via email. We can also send a copy to your estate agent or solicitor.

EPCs were introduced progressively from 2007 and remain an important part of the government’s plan to tackle climate change. Part of the regulations is to make energy efficiency of buildings transparent by using an energy performance certificate (EPC) to show the energy rating of a building, when sold or rented out and recommendations on how to improve energy efficiency.

An EPC is intended to provide prospective buyers and tenants of a building with correct information about the energy performance of the building and practical advice on improving such performance.

Energy performance certificate provides an energy efficiency rating (related to running costs) for a building based on the performance potential of the building itself (the fabric) and its services (such as heating, insulation ventilation and fuels used). Not all buildings are used in the same way, so the energy rating uses ‘standard occupancy’ assumptions which may be different from the way the building is used. An EPC includes recommendations on how the energy performance of the building can be improved (to reduce running costs) together with an indication of the payback period. There is no statutory requirement to carry out any of the recommended energy efficiency measures stated.

SAP Assessments From £150

Whether you’re building a new house, an extension or converting an existing property we are here to help with your SAP Calculations. We understand that it can seem like a complex process but we make it as straightforward and easy as possible. We will guide you through each step to make sure that your project is compliant and provide you will all the documents you require to satisfy building control. SAP Assessments can only be carried out by On Construction Domestic Energy Assessors (OCDEAs).

New Build SAP Assesments

All new dwellings must now have a SAP calculation performed in order to demonstrate compliance with Part L of the Building Regulations. In addition to the SAP Assessment we will also produce the following documents at the relevant stages of the build: Predicted Energy Assessment (PEA) – at the design stage of the proposed development. This will allow you to market the property before the it is complete. On Construction Energy Performance Certificate (OCEPC) – once the build has been complete we will produce the final EPC. U value Calculations – we will provide these calculations to prove that the walls, floors and roofs meet or exceed the required specifications.

SAP Assessments for Extensions

If you build an extension where the glazing is over 25% of the floor area, then we can undertake a SAP assessment to demonstrate Part L compliance. We will provide a SAP Assessment that will show that the CO2 emissions for the current dwelling and the proposed extension is no greater than the current dwelling with a notional extension built to the standards required in the Approved Document L1B.

SAP Assessments for Conversions

If you renovate a building such that there has been a material change in use, then we can undertake a SAP assessment which will demonstrate Part L compliance. We will also produce an EPC upon completion of the conversion.

Legionella Risk Assessments From £70

Landlords are under a duty to ensure that the risk of exposure to tenants, residents and visitors by Legionella is properly assessed and controlled. A Legionella Risk Assessment iscarried out to assess the risk of contracting Legionnaire’s disease from water within a property. We are trained to complete these assessments to a competent level. We will carry out an in-depth site survey and will produce a full report with photos that will identify and assess sources of risk as well as how to manage, prevent and control these risks. Upon completion we will be able to provide a Legionella Risk Assessment.

For most residential settings, the assessment may well show the risks are low, as long as simple control measures referred to in the assessment are followed. This will apply to houses or flats with small domestic type water systems where the water turnover is high. Provided the risk assessment shows that the risks are insignificant and the control measures are being properly managed, no further action would be necessary. It is important, however, to keep the assessment under review periodically in case anything changes to the system.

The law is clear that if you are a landlord and rent out your property (or even a room within your own home) then you have legal responsibilities to ensure the health and safety of your tenant by keeping the property safe and free from health hazards